DIGITAL SYNESTHESIA asks questions at the interfaces of electronic art, digital technologies and cross-modalities of perception, e.g.:
* In what form do digital artworks translate perception modalities from image, sound, and text to other sensory modalities?
* What image, text, and sound metaphors are used in the process?
* What role does digitality (binary code) play in the production of such works?
* What distinguishes the synesthetic quality of multimedia, interactive artworks from paintings, films, or videos?
* What sensory modalities are addressed by digital artworks?
* What synesthetic perception modalities can digital artworks produce?